The Proposal Form will let the other party know what you need to happen to resolve the complaint. The Form is simple to understand and easy to use. You can fill it out on your own or get help from family, friends or a support person.
Before you start:
• Read more about the mediation process here.
• Why is resolving the complaint important to you?
• What do you need to happen to resolve the complaint?
• Focus on finding creative solutions to your problem.
• Make sure you attach receipts and/or other documents to prove your claim.
Fill out all fields marked with an asterisk (*).
You will not be able to save this document. Fill it out all at once or answer the questions in a separate word document and then cut and paste your answers back into this Form.
You find this number on the Complaint Form that was sent to you.
Describe how your feelings, health, relationship with others, and etc. were impacted.
- A Complainant who was denied an apartment rental because of her race received $7,000.00
- A Complainant who was denied the use of a taxi because of her service animal received $5,000.00
- A Complainant who was denied a religious accommodation received $7,500.00
- A Complainant's child was denied a disability related accommodation received $12,000.00
- A Complainant was evicted for a discriminatory reason and they had to rent a more expensive apartment. The difference in rent for four months was $800.00
- A Complainant had to pay moving expenses to move to the new apartment,. It cost them $500.00
- A Complainant did not get an accommodation at a day care and moved to a more expensive day care provider. The difference in cost for 6 months was $1,200.00.
The Human Rights Commission's mediator will review your Proposal Form. The following can happen:
- You may need to provide further documents to prove your claim.
- The mediator will calculate your proposed financial loss and help finalize the Proposal.
- The final Proposal Form will be sent to the Respondent(s).
*This Proposal Form will be disclosed to the Respondent(s). Your personal contact information will not be given to the Respondent(s) or any person or organization outside the Commission unless required by law (e.g. Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act.)
The collection and disclosure listed above is authorized under sections 61(c) and 68(1)(b) of the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act, 2015. If you have any questions regarding this collection or disclosure please contact the Human Rights Commission at 729-2709 or 1-888-563-5808.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.